There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
“Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person's everything.” —Unknown.
Motherhood is love and selflessness in its purest form. A mother loves so hard and sacrifices so much to ensure her children are taken care of. Many moms make sure their children always have the latest and the best of everything… while they are still holding on to clothes over a decade old, shoes that aren't in the best of shape and a cell phone that is already yesterday’s technology.
In nature, we see creatures be calm one minute… and the moment her children are in danger, something in her turns into one of the most powerful and fierce protectors God ever created. Being a mom doesn't come with instructions. There is no manual for meeting the needs of each child separately. This type of selfless care and concern comes from the heart.
If you are a mom, hear this now: You get tired, weak, frustrated, angry, sad… and want to escape or give up at times. And that's ok. If there was any type of person that could use encouragement in the world we live in today, it is a mother. It is you.
Today, we will discuss what words of encouragement are and why mom’s need encouragement. In addition, we will be providing words of encouragement for mothers to give yourself, or others, a boost!
What You Will Learn
What are Words of Encouragement?
Words of encouragement are words communicated to someone to help them by offering uplifting words of approval and support. We find the word courage within the word encouragement, which is the strength and determination to face difficulty, hardship, danger and uncertainty head-on.
So, to offer words of encouragement for mothers, we are providing much-needed support to lift one’s spirits. In addition, we help you continue doing the best you can, even in hard seasons of life.
Words of encouragement will give you the courage to keep fighting and to know you’re not alone in this fight. Mother’s like you are doing the best you can, so don’t be so hard on yourself when something goes wrong.
Why Do Moms Need Encouragement?
Mothers often feel they aren’t doing enough for their children to make them feel special, loved, provided for, or protected. But it is the mother’s own incredible love and high regard for her children that can make her own efforts feel inadequate. It’s as if mothers put unreal expectations on themselves.
Many moms suffer from low self-esteem because they have put the needs of their children above their own, and they are worn out. They don’t like the bags they see under their eyes or the grey roots that are starting to show in their hair when they look in the mirror. Moms often wonder, “When did I let myself go” and find it was at the point of motherhood.
Self-care for mothers is so important. You need to take care of “you” so that you are in the best frame of mind and position to be there for your children like you desire to be. You know the saying, “When momma’s happy, everybody is happy.”
Mothers sacrifice so much to make their homes prosperous and their children better humans. So many manage homes, jobs, and marriages… all of which take work. At times she feels discouraged and stretched thin trying to “do it all.”
Lastly, moms need encouragement because they often feel overworked and underappreciated when stressed, and things aren't falling into place like you want them to. Powerful and encouraging quotes are like a lifeline to a mom who feels she's overwhelmed.
Here are 67 Words of Encouragement for Mothers Who Might Be Struggling.
- Don't beat yourself up. You're doing the best you can.
- “When anxiety was great within me, (Lord) your consolation brought me joy.” Psalms 94:19
- It’s ok to take a “ME” day! You deserve to rest and have recovery time!
- Your children are blessed to have you as their mother.
- Your kids appreciate you, even when they don’t say it.
- It takes great strength to do all the things you do.
- God sees all you do even when others seem to take it for granted.
- You're doing an excellent job!
- We are proud of you!
- Your kids are amazing because of you!
- “We walk by faith, not by what we see with our eyes.” 2 Corinthians 5:7
- This may be tough, but you’re tougher.
- I admire you!
- We’re praying for you; you’ll get through this.
- You have the courage to keep ongoing.
- We love you!
- Thank you for never giving up.
- Just wanted you to know you’re being thought of today.
- You are so creative!
- “No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel.” — Demi Lovato.
- Sometimes a good scream will do the trick. Just let it out!
- I thought of you today and smiled!
- You look beautiful today!
- “The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.”- Psalms 29:11
- Remember, I am always here for you when you need me. I’ll bring the chocolates.
- We are all a work in progress. Just take it a day at a time.
- Things won’t always be like this.
- You are the strongest person I know.
- You will look back on this time in your life and be so glad that you never gave up.
- Don’t let anyone dull your shine.
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
- I’ll be your umbrella to get you through this storm. You are not alone.
- “Take a deep breath; it’s just a bad day, not a bad life.” – unknown
- Your love is your superpower!
- Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” — Stephanie Lahart, Overcoming Life's Obstacles.
- You may not be perfect, but you are the closest thing to perfection I’ve ever seen as a mom.
You may not be perfect, but you are the closest thing to perfection I’ve ever seen as a mom.”
- You always seem to do the impossible.
- Mistakes prove that you are trying, not that you are a failure.
- “A Mother's love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty.
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual; it comes with a mother.” — Unknown
- “There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.” –Jill Churchill
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired; it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
- “He (God) gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” – Isaiah 40:29
- “There will be times you are sent into stormy seas to discover you can walk on water.” – unknown
- “Being a mother is discovering strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing with fears you never knew existed.” – Sherene Simon
- “Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.”- 1 Chronicles 16:11
- You mean so much to me.
- What your family has in you is more precious than anything they could ever ask for.
- You are raising the next great __.
- Please don't lose your focus – your gift is so important.
- “You” can do all this through Him (Christ), who gives you strength. – Philippians 4:13
- You are intelligent, beautiful, and hardworking!
- You didn't fail. You are just learning from experience.
- Always remember, you are the “whole world” to someone.
- You are a safe place for your husband and kids to lay their heads.
- Forward is forward, no matter the speed you’re traveling at.
- You’ll never know if you don’t try.
- You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.
- I could learn so much from you.
- You should be so proud of yourself and what you’ve accomplished.
- I can’t wait to see what you do next in your life.
- Be positive, patient, persistent, and enthusiastic. You’ll accomplish anything.
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” – Psalms 46:1
- “Don't let your dreams be dreams.” — Jack Johnson.
- “Nobody said the road would be easy, but I don't believe He (God) brought you this far to leave you.” – unknown.
- “Finding balance as a mother means accepting your imperfections.” – Mary Organizes.
Final thoughts on Words of Encouragement for Mothers Who Might Be Struggling
Mothers truly make everything better… at least that’s what most young children would say. And hopefully, it is a sentiment that carries with them into adulthood. That feeling of warmth, safety and comfort that only a mother can provide should be something every child is blessed to experience… for as long as God will allow.
Someone once asked, “What makes a house a home?” The overwhelming answer was this, “A mother!” Moms create the place where we feel at peace and loved, without judgement. Mothers are our biggest cheerleaders, first friend and first love. Never allow difficult circumstances to make you feel less than the incredible person you are. You are a person first… and a mother second. That is not to say you shouldn’t give everything for your child, but you need to love and believe in yourself if you’re going to raise a healthy and happy human. We lead by example.